Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Strawberry Sorbet


About 2 weeks ago, I had the urge to use my ice cream maker and I had strawberries. One would think that, if you had those two, automatically, oh... strawberry ice cream... yeah, not so much. The thing with ice cream is you have to use heavy whipping cream which can get quite pricey, and in some recipes you actually have to cook it some or deal with raw eggs. As much as I love the stuff, I wasn't really looking forward to doing all of that. So, I did the next best thing... Strawberry Sorbet.

I googled it, and came up with this recipe
http://www.yumsugar.com/314723

It's simple doesn't take too long and it's delicious. Plus, one can argue that it's actually healthy.... -ier. ;-)

Anyway, since the post I found suggests that it's from a book, I don't really want to repost it due to copyright stuff... so instead, check out the link... and here are my pictures.


I did put the Kirshwasser in, and you hardly taste it, so I don't know if it's necessary, tho, I'm sure if you wanted you can put more.

So visit your local strawberry patch and buy some fresh strawberries for jam, and sorbet.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Captain Monkeypants said...

This looks delicious and somewhat easy- very Food Network-y. I like the plating with the mint...one again, you've made me hungry :)

Fe said...

It's super easy... just need a ice cream maker. "Need" is a strong word, you might be able to do without and try a diy approach with coffee cans, but I don't think you get the same consistency with the ice crystals as you would with an ice cream maker, and oh the mess if it leaks. A cheap ice cream maker is worth the investment if you like ice cream or sorbets, IMHO. :-)

Emily said...

How funny- I made strawberry sorbet and strawberry ice cream last weekend (took them to a friend's house who was making us dinner). I used the recipes from my Ben & Jerry's book, but was very similar to yours (no Kirsh, though). They have 3 different versions of the ice cream base (including the one with eggs), but I like to make a slightly lighter version and use 2 2/3 C half & half, instead of 2 C Heavy cream and 2/3 C Half and Half. Still very creamy and very yummy, though will crystalize a little more if you don't eat it all in the first day or two. It's also often much cheaper than heavy cream.

Fe said...

That sounds yummy too. I'm going to try using half and half next time.

Thanks for checking out my blog. :-)

Post a Comment