For me, this is the time of year when I finally decide on what I actually want to do for Christmas cards. Here is an easy homemade card to sew up.
What you need:
- tape (I used painters tape, but masking tape would work well too. Not sure about scotch tape.)
- card stock
1. Cut a felt triangle, it doesn't have to be perfect, but make sure it fits the envelop you want to use, if you plan to place it in an envelop.
2. Cut a fabric triangle about a half inch larger (all around) than the felt. Place felt on top of the wrong side of the fabric.
3. Starting with the corners, fold fabric over the felt. Tape down the corners with a small bit of tape. Try not to tape on to the other side of the felt. Fold in the edges.
4. Cut some card stock roughly larger than the size of the triangle. You can cut it the size of the felt, but I found that it was difficult to sew it in place.
5. Sew the card stock onto the back of the fabric/felt triangle. On the very top corner, stick a ribbon loop in before sewing.
6. Trim the card stock to the size of the triangle.
7. Glue a piece of ribbon around the card to cover the sew line.
8. That's it. You can write your message on the card stock and send it away.
Happy Holiday Crafting!