- Fleece strips – I used 3 - 4” strips from selvage to selvage – I like to use different colors for each strip.
- A clip of some sort to hold the fleece strips in place while braiding – I used an Ikea chip clip.
1. Stack all three fleece strips together, and use the clip to clip it about a third of the way down.
2. Begin braiding the longer part (the two-thirds length side) until the unbraided length matches the length of the clipped third portion. (Note: I use thirds, but you can change this up a bit.)
3. Unclip the clipped portion and group together the like-fabrics. (assuming you used different designs/colors).
4. Braid the 3 groups of fleece together til about 6 inches from the bottom.
5. Make a knot and cut the ends so they're even.
That's it. I made several of these in less than an hour and gave them as christmas gifts to all my friend's doggies.
- Fleece Rope Dog Toy #1