As I have mentioned before (around this time last year), my cousin and friend have a clothing company named Chicharon Adventures. Well, this past weekend they celebrated their 2nd year anniversary. This past year seems to have just flown by, and a lot of good things came their way (collaborations with stores, bands, an awesome new look, and even more cool designs)... proving to be yet another successful year for them. I'm quite proud of their accomplishments and wish them further success in the future. Since, I couldn't make it to their anniversary bbq this past weekend, I decided I'd make a card to send to them. I made a card last year too.
Anyway, here's what I came up with. It's a the fabric CA pig, machine stitched onto a card with hand embroidered details. Here's what I did.
- card stock and /or blank card.
- CA pig or other design that you want to put in a card
- heat n bond fusing material
- dmc thread and needle
- button for the nose
1. Adhere fusing material to fabric. Cut a small piece of the fusing material. Keep the protective paper on one side, and iron together. Cut the fabric if you'd like.
2. Transfer the pattern onto the fabric. I just drew it on.
3. Cut out the outline of the pattern. Remove the protective paper from the fusing side, and iron pattern onto card stock.
4. With a sewing machine, sew the outline of the pattern using a zig-zag design.
5. Put some tape on the back so the thread doesn't come undone.
6. Use a needle and pre poke holes near where you'll be embroidering, for instance the eyes. A few holes on the bottom side of the eyes and a few holes on the top side of the eyes were sufficient.
7. Thread the dmc thread and sew thru the pre poked holes so the eyes look like they should, on the right side of the card. Don't worry to much about the wrong side of the card, because it can be covered up. Embroider the other face details.
8. Place the button on the card at correct location and make marks for where the button holes are. When buying the button, remember to get a button with 4 holes. Use those marks to pre poke the button holes.
9. Attach the button to the card using only vertical lines for attaching the button.
10. On the wrong side of the design, tape down the dmc thread so it doesn't come undone.
11. Cover the wrong side with a cut out piece of card stock. Do the same to the other inner face of the card.
12. Write your message, place in envelope and send it off. :-)
Happy Anniversary, Chicharon Adventures.