Sunday, September 11, 2011

White Wine Sangria


This is a nice drink to enjoy on a warm summer evening.  I've tried white wine sangria before, tho this is the first time I decided to try making my own.  Strangely, I've never liked the white wine sangria's that I've tasted in the past.  And I never understood why, because I do like some white wines, and I do like fruit... so what the heck!  Anyway, I decided to make my own, with things I liked. So, I used a white wine that I like and fruits that I liked.  Turns out, I do like white wine sangria.  :)

Here's the recipe:

2 lbs cut up fruits (I chose: white peaches, tangerine, and strawberries.  You can choose pretty much whatever you want.)
2 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup triple sec
1 bottle of dry white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc.  You can choose what you like).


How to make the sangria.

1.  In a pitcher, add the fruits, and mix in the sugar, pressing on the fruit lightly.
2.  Add triple sec and mix.
3.  Wait 15 minutes
4.  Add white wine, and refrigerate from a few hours to a day.
5.  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment